Gaming news for the rest of us.

Friday, February 24, 2006

What was THQ thinking?

Wayne wrote:
Ok... I thought maybe just a couple of minutes, but this was ridiculous! I'm talking about the loading times for the latest Smackdown vs. Raw on the PSP. From turning the game on to finally starting a match in season mode appears to be an extreme trial in patience. It took over six minutes of loading screens to get to the game!!!

The captions added to the clip make it worth watching if you have six minutes to kill, but wow. Did they not test this game before releasing it?

I don't know about anyone else, but I like having a handheld so I can just whip out a game and start playing. If it takes me over five minutes before I get to even play any of the game, that is just wrong.

On a related note, I complained in the forums about Final Fantasy Tactics Advance taking nearly half an hour to get through the intro before I could actually play the game. Same concept. Handhelds are meant for quick and fun gaming! Developers need to remember that.

Source: Joystiq

http://www.snackbar-games.com/n1603.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home