Gaming news for the rest of us.

Monday, August 07, 2006

EA boots online players of older games

JoeHonkie wrote:
I hope you aren't trying to avoid upgrading to the latest and greatest EA games, because you won't be able to play online soon. Pretty much anything that's not 2006 will be dropped from online support within in a few months. Many of those 2004-2005 titles have already been dropped, as well as Need for Speed Underground 2, NBA Street V3, and Fight Night Round 2.

There's one way to push forced upgrades. I haven't even installed NFS: Underground 2 yet, and now I may just pass. And never buy another EA game again (ok, fat chance there). I still like to play Need for Speed 3, so I'm kinda glad they can't take that away from me.

I don't even get how they can drop support for NBA Street V3 already, since there isn't even a sequel yet.

'No more online gaming for you!' says EA (Joystiq, also has complete listing of games and dates)

http://www.snackbar-games.com/n1960.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home